Kenya announces two new Covid-19 cases, declares tough measures
(Thessherald)–Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta announced two more cases on Sunday, just two days after the country declared its first COVID-19 in Nairobi.
In a televised speech, President Uhuru Kenyatta issued the following tough measures.
- Restrict travel to Kenya from all countries with reported Corona cases
- Only Kenyan citizens to be allowed into Kenya provided they go to self quarantine or govt facility. In force for 30 days
- All persons who’ve come to Kenya in last 14 days must self quarantine
- Schools suspended with immediate effect. Day schools closed from tomorrow, boarding schools by Wednesday. Universities and colleges by Friday
- Govt and companies to allow employees to work from home except essential services
- Use cashless transactions like Mpesa and cards. Appeals for reduced transaction costs from the providers
- Avoid congregations, weddings, funerals
- Avoid shopping places and minimize congestion in public transport
- Limit visitors to hospitals
- Hospitals and malls encouraged to provide water, soap, sanitizers and ensure regular cleaning and disinfecting places