Number of COVID-19 cases passes 2,000 mark, 8 new cases recorded
July 7, 2020 (Thessherald)–The Ministry of Health has registered 8 new cases of the Coronavirus Pandemic, that brings the cumulative number of confirmed cases to 2,106 in the country…
“In the last 24 hours, 103 samples were tested and results released. Of these, eight (8) tested positive for COVID19. Out of the new cases identified, 7 are male adults and 1 is a female adult.”
Overall COVID-19 cases status as of 07/07/2020
• Total number of tests performed to date 11,477.
• New cases confirmed in the last 24 hours: 8
• Cumulative number of cases confirmed to date: 2,106
• Total cases currently under follow up/active cases: 1,112
• Number of cases that are severe in the IDU: None
• Number of cases that are in critical condition in the IDU: None
• Number of cases recovered: 954
• Number of new death in the last 24 hours:
• Cumulative number of death: 40
Safety Guidelines recommended by MoH.
“The Ministry of Health is conducting tracing of individuals who had contact with the COVID19 cases. The government urges the public to strictly observe the rules of social distancing and other public health measures declared by the President of the Republic of South Sudan and High Level Task-Force.”
“Report any suspected case to nearest health facility or call to toll free number: 6666. Continue to observe the instructions of Health Authorities particularly washing hands regularly with water and soap; maintaining physical distance from other people (at least keep 2 meters (6 feet) distance between two individuals) and mandatory facemask or cloth face coverings in public.”