Trump admits COVID-19 is real, urges social distancing
Oct 2, 2020 (Thessherald)–The United States President, Donald J. Trump has admitted that the Covid-19 pandemic that he has been calling a hoax is becoming real and must be taken seriously.
Earlier on Friday, the president announced his status on social media, admitting that he had been tested positive for the virus.
“Tonight, @FLOTUS [US first lady] and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!” said Trump on Twitter account.
The White House confirmed the president’s current state of health with Chief of Staff Mark Meadows telling reporters Trump and the first lady “remain in good spirits” while confirming additional updates on their health will be given throughout the day.
“The president does have mild symptoms, and as we look to try to make sure that not only his health and safety and welfare is good, we continue to look at that for all of the American people,” he said. “He continues to be not only in good spirits, but very energetic.”
President Donald Trump, after testing positive for the disease, has been criticized by senior US officials for his botched approaches to the global pandemic.
“This is tragic, it’s very sad,” U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in an interview on Friday.
“But it also is something that, again, going into crowds, unmasked, and all the rest, was sort of a brazen invitation for something like this to happen,” she added.