Kiir witnesses swearing-in ceremony of 8 Deputy Governors
South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir Mayardit presided over the swearing-in ceremony of eight Deputy Governors at the State House in the capital, Juba, on Thursday.
The oath-taking ceremony was officially administered by the country’s Chief Justice, Chan Reech Madut, and attended by a number of government officials.
“The swearing in ceremony officiated by H. E. President Salva Kiir Mayardit was administered by Chief Justice Chan Reech Madut attended by the Minister of Presidential Affairs Hon. Nhial Deng Nhial, Governor of Central Equatoria State Hon. Emmanuel Adil Anthony and senior officials in the Office of the President,” said the Office of the President.
President Kiir urged the newly appointed Deputy Governors to work side by side and cooperate in their respective states.
“H.E. President Salva Kiir Mayardit appealed to all the States Deputy Governors to cooperate as parties and States local governments and deliver services to the people of South Sudan to the best of their abilities.”
“The President further urged the newly sworn in States Deputy Governors to go to their respective states and serve their people, not as political Parties but as one government in determination to maintaining Peace and Stability at state level.”
Speaking on behalf of newly appointed SPLM States Deputy Governors, Hon. Antipas Nyok Kucha Deputy Governor of Jonglei State assured H.E. President Salva Kiir Mayardit that they will work tirelessly to deliver services to the people and maintain peace and stability at their respective States.
With the exception of Hon. Mary Nadio Alphonse, D. Governor of EES who was absent during the swearing-in ceremony, here are the names of the sworn officials.
• Hon. Antipas Nyok Kucha Deputy Governor of Jonglei State (SPLM)
• Hon. Poth Madit Dut Deputy Governor of Lakes State (SPLM-IO)
• Hon. Tor Tungwar Kueiguong of Unity State (SPLM-IO)
• Hon. Angelo Biajo Taban of Western Bahre el Ghazal State (SPLM)
• Hon. Dr. Kennedy Gaaniko Baime of Western Equatoria State (SPLM)
• Hon. Ayen Mayor Makuei of Warrap State (OPP)
• Hon. Tong Lual Ayat of Northern Bahre el Ghazal State (OPP)
• Hon. Sarah Nene Redento of Central Equatoria State (OPP)