Hon. Bang Kawich and his accompanying delegation were warmly received upon arrival in Maiwut County, Upper Nile State | © Thessherald Thessherald—The Commissioner of Maiwut […]
Awut considers P8 students in rebel-held areas as her “children”
Education Minister Awut Deng Acuil describes students who had missed out on the initial Primary Eight Leaving Examinations as her “children”, and wishes them good luck in their national exams expected on Monday, February 15th.
“It is my pleasure to inform the nation that the Ministry of General Education and Instruction and the National Examinations Council have decided to fix new dates for the conduct of Primary eight examinations for the pupils that had missed out on the initial examination,” said the Minister of Education, Awut Deng Acuil.
“Congratulation to my children and I wish them the best of luck,” she said.
This comes after the concerned authorities in the unity government agreed on Thursday to set a new date for more than 800 hundred students who were unable to take their primary exams due to security concerns raised by the Ministry of Education.
Earlier this month, Awut banned students in the SPLM-IO-administered areas from taking their primary examinations over unresolved security matters.
“It is important for me to underscore that in this year 2020/2021 examination cycle, a lot of strict security measures have been devised and put in place to curb malpractices in examinations and to ensure the security of the examinations, examinees, and examiners,” Awut said.
“In the absence of both the police and security, nothing can guarantee the security and integrity of the examinations, and thus such areas shall be regarded as no-exams zones,” the education minister said.
“Given this brief backdrop, the South Sudan National Examination Council and the Ministry of General Education and instruction have been alerted of possible examination security threats in most of the SPLA/IO bases in parts of Jonglei and Upper Nile States,” Minister Awut explained.
“Case in point is the recent detention of staff belonging to an agent contracted by the National Ministry of General Education and Instruction to pay teachers’ incentives in Nyiror in Jonglei State. To date, the money is not yet recovered although the agents were later released.”
The first refugee receives Covid-19 jab in South Sudan | Photo: UNHCR Thessherald—Refugees in South Sudan are receiving COVID-19 jabs during the rollout of the […]
Deputy Governor of Upper Nile State, James Tor Monybuny and Governor of Gambella, Omot Ojulu Obub | © Thessherald Thessherald–The Deputy Governor of Upper Nile […]
Hon. Bang Kawich Deng, Deputy Governor of Upper Nile State, James Tor Monybuny and former Minister of Higher Education Dr. John Gai Yoah accorded warm […]
Thessherald—Major General James Ochan Puot, commander of the special forces and his accompanying delegation were warmly welcomed this morning upon their arrival in Maiwut, a […]
Statement on the Shooting of Bishop-Elect of Rumbek Diocese April 26. 2021 President Salva Kiir Mayardit condemns the shooting of Bishop-Elect Fr. Christian Carlassare in […]