Maiwut Commissioner, Deputy Governor Accorded Warm Welcome In Maiwut
Thessherald–Maiwut Commissioner, Hon. Bang Kawich Deng, and his accompanying delegation were warmly welcomed on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 upon arrival in Maiwut County, Upper Nile state.
He was accompanied by the following senior government officials:
1) James Tor Monybuny, Deputy Governor of Upper Nile State
2) Dr. John Gai Yoah, Former Minister of Higher Education
3) Hon. Gatluak Liphoth Diew, Former Commissioner of Maiwut county
4) Pal Deng Kerweth, Minister of Finance in Upper Nile State
5) Gabriel Tut Gatchai, Upper Nile State SPLM Secretary
6) Hon. Bor Gatwech, Chief Whip | TNLA
7) Biel Jock Thich, Head of Northern Corridor in the Office of the President
8) Baruach Uloch, Former Minister of Information — defunct-Maiwut State
9) Hon. Changkuoth Bichiok, SSOA representative.
In an opening remark, Hon. Bang urges the people of Maiwut to put aside their differences and focus on bringing peace, love and stability in the county.
In the same development, the Deputy Governor of Upper Nile State, James Tor Monybuny, calls on Gajaak communities to embrace unity and peaceful co-existence in their respective places.
The reception ceremony brought together community leaders, church-based groups, NGOs representatives, students and traditional leaders.